Best Photos near Entebbe, Uganda - Incl. Another Dawn View..., View Off a Hillside At Sipi
Top Pics of Entebbe
- "03 Sunrise over Lake Victoria" by Msting from a blog titled "Visiting Chimpanzees"
Excerpt: "Today was quite a good day because the sunrise was spectacular! I went on a day trip to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary on Ngambe Island (in Lake Victoria). The speedboat ride took about 45 mins. All of the forest on the island (100 acres) has mostly been left intact except for about 3 acres. The cleared area is a sanctuary for orphaned baby chimps. It has the facilities to care for them and accommodations for round-the-clock staff. The sanctuary is surrounded by an electrical fensre that keeps the chimps in the forests to live the most natural way possible. It is a priviledge to observe these animals in an environment that is not a cage! They are amazing. No " ...
- "The Shy Mountain..." by Karanshark from a blog titled "More pics, VDOs in a bit, Kampala story"
Excerpt: "Some more pics, and a bit less gruesome - other videos of the zoo, a few other pics around Tanzania and Uganda, and some footage of Prince, the lion in rehab. Also a few pictures of Kili. A slightly amusing story(at least for a few people I know)... Yesterday Amiya went to Kampala to do some stuff - as she was walking down the street, this guy who was sitting down grabbed her arm - she turns, and he says: "Do you serve?" Amiya: Huh? Guy: If you do not serve, and you do not find Jesus, you will dieee....(in a very sinister tone, kind of what you see in versions of demons in movies...see the irony?) Amiya: Have you been to school? Guy(looking confused): Of " ...
- "08" by Msting from a blog titled "End of the tour"
Excerpt: "It is the last day of the tour. Time to say 'farewell' to Georgina. She has been a fantastic travelling companion. We enjoyed our experiences in much the same way. The 1st half of the day was spent walking around Jinja where I did a bit of shopping - picked up a nice piece of fabric. Hope to have it made into an African outfit in Kampala. Visited the park situated at the Source of the Nile - kinda anti-climatic after yesterday's rafting. This is ironic considering that this sight was the one that I was looking forward to in Jinja" ...
- "Mount Meru(about 4900 metres)" by Karanshark from a blog titled "More pics, VDOs in a bit, Kampala story"
- "Another Dawn View..." by Karanshark from a blog titled "More pics, VDOs in a bit, Kampala story"
- "View off a Hillside at Sipi" by Karanshark from a blog titled "More pics, VDOs in a bit, Kampala story"